Sunday, April 29, 2012

THE SPACE BETWEEN by Wendi Beck

Hang up the phone with the writing group and we're off.  Think about the non-topic for a few minutes waiting for "Ring." Right on time.

Hello Dad...Back from church... Great...

Had fun as always... Good.

Guest speaker... Great.

Yes, writing class is every Wednesday for 5 weeks... Yes, I still enjoy it.

Take care. Bye, Dad.

A quick run to the kitchen for a TV dinner... Even better: Michelena's pizza bites.  Start writing while that cooks... check the time doing good so back to my room to start writing again for a bit.

5...4...3...2...1

MOM?

What Bri?

Morgan is getting mad and I don't know why.

Pause a moment. Bri... Morgan show sissy what you want..

What’s he doing, Bri?

He's moving his fingers...

Is he signing milk possibly sideways?

Yeah. I will get him some milk, Mom.

Thank you, Bri.

Get several minutes to write then "Ring" again right on time.

Hello Mom... home from church... great.  Yes, I know. I read your email... yes...yes Mom... okay... Mom I need... Okay I will see what I can do... First weekend of the month I know... I have to go now Mom... fine one more thing... what?  I know... I know... I know...Okay... yes... okay... I will tell them... yes I am trying to write for class... Bye Mom.

More writing finally getting it all out.

"MOM!"

Can it wait, Bri?

Message from Dad.

What is it, Bri?

Reminder that he is going to Roosters after work for the pool game with Scott and Jason.

Tell him I know I don't care... WRITING CLASS!

He said sorry and he will see you tonight.

Try to get back to writing and take a look at the time... 8:44... Made it!

No comments: